Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Happiness Is a *Warm Gun," The Beatles

The very bad things that happened previously with my committee have transformed into catastrophic things. They withdrew their support for my job search this fall. Which is, clearly, a non-negotiable decision.

So, that happened.

I don't know if anyone's paying attention here other than my mom (hi, Mom! I'll call you tomorrow), but for my imaginary friends, I'm still processing, and I'm not sure if I'll be doing that here.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Flavia said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. But as sucky and horrible as this is, I'm sure it's not a judgment on the *quality* of your work, just a (perhaps totally erroneous) desire to make you the best possible candidate.

I'm sure you've got a good support network where you are, but feel free to drop me an email if you need another ear--my own dissertation director said some scarringly awful things to me along the way to degree (always, of course, "for my own good"), so I know a thing or two about how psychologically brutalizing such actions and statements can be.

Hang in there.