Tuesday, August 15, 2006

In which... whatever

Thing the first: I'm immensely pleased with the speakers on the new Lappy. So loud! So lovely! I am less pleased, however, with how stupid Pandora is being today. When did I ever say Hillary Duff was allowed on my Mopey Rock station? Never, I think. And satellite radio is not currently my friend either. Seriously, XMU, what the hell? I don't want your stupid Wolfmother and Fiery Furnaces and all your other stupid noise-rock. I like pop, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. In fact, I would really appreciate it if someone, somewhere would make the Lightning Seeds available on the internets. And don't pretend like you don't know who they are. Not a one of us was as cool in 1989 as we thought we were.

Thing the second: I'm also immensely pleased with what fall is looking like, clothing-wise. Now that I've decided that abominations like this and this and good god this (see above, re: not cool in 1989) don't really exist and are a mass hallucination produced by Diet Coke with Splenda*, I'm thinking that I may not have to buy anything for fall because I already have all of these pieces (though I may need that grey skrt with pockets!).

Thing the third: I'm immensely pleased with Chicago's weather lately. Just fantastically perfect, really. Makes me feel like I should take up some kind of outdoor activity, like beach volleyball or hopscotch or something. Not that I'm going to, but I may sit on the balcony with a magazine.

*Splenda is the devil. It gave me horrible kidney cramps from just two packets in an iced coffee. Kidney cramps! That made me call my mom and ask her if she'd be a kidney donor! Because I thought I was dying!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love Splenda. Mmmm non-sugary goodness. But then again, I suppose everyone must pick their alterna-sugar-calorie poison...