Thursday, August 17, 2006

In which we resume normal programming

This summer of living life as a 13-year-old boy has taken an unexpected turn--I am now filled with teenage malaise and ennui. Clearly, steps must be taken to remedy this, as I was a deeply unpleasant teenager (hi, Mom!).

Step one: Something happens here at the Kitten Lounge between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m. The time, she vanishes. I tend not to notice until SportsCenter starts repeating, and then I panic because It's two-'o-clock in the morning and we have to go to bed NOW! Not ok. So, tonight I set an alarm for midnight, at which point going-to-bed procedures must commence.

Step two: I can no longer feed myself like an adult. We just had a major food crisis when C. and I discovered that half of our fridge contained stuff that was just Not Right Anymore. This, despite the fact that we've somehow fallen into a schedule of one meal a day. Which, come to think of it, might have something to do with the general bad-feeling hereabouts. There will be menu-planning and grocery-shopping activities after C. gets back with slices from the place on the corner (baby steps).

Step three: Additionally, I can no longer dress myself. Perhaps if I were to get up in the morning and put actual clothes on, rather than yesterday's t-shirt and a pair of pajama pants, I would feel more like a productive member of society.

Once I get myself up, fed, and dressed, maybe I can think more about actually doing things with my day. Stay tuned for exciting highlights from Being Conscious!

No comments: